[OpenIndiana-discuss] A ZFS related question: How successful is ZFS, really???

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:13:21 UTC 2015

I know FreeNAS has turned to ZFS only, OSv is ZFS only, and NAS
Appliances running ZFS turn up in unexpected places, but is it really
anything like an even half-baked "success", at least of sorts???

A "friend" (long time, extremely irritating acquantance) claims ZFS is a
complete failure, and will just disappear......

I realised I had no idea at all!

Anyone able to shed some light on this??

ZFS should be the rage of the town, I think, but maybe I'm just being
fundamentalistic....