[OpenIndiana-discuss] console local and via SOL

sam at freudiger.nl sam at freudiger.nl
Tue Jan 13 09:15:49 UTC 2015

Hello

I am pretty new to openindiana and am working on a custom solution to
use serial over lan (SOL).
I have the serial port redirected to Lan interface and am able to
connect to it via the BMC/IPMI -feature of the mainboard.
The output of /dev/console can be chosen by "eeprom console=ttya" and
back by eeprom console=tetx (or can be set via setprop -oprion in
/boot/solaris/bootenv.rc) and I can then see and interact with the
console via local VGA / keyboard (option text) or via SOL (option ttya).
Now my question is; can this be changed to have a login available on
both, local and via SOL?
Not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask this, if not, please
point me in the right direction.

Cheers
sam