[OpenIndiana-discuss] [HEADSUP] OpenIndiana Hipster default repository URL has changed

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Jan 14 19:25:07 UTC 2015

Gary Mills писал 14.01.2015 21:22:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 06:33:34PM +0300, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>>
>> We have just moved default package repository from
>> http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/ to
>> http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2015 and bumped branch version
>> from 2014.1.3 to 2015.0.0. This was necessary to decrease repository
>> size and speedup operations of IPS tools.
>
> I am running hipster on one server, but the publisher location is:
>
>    http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/
>
> What should I do to upgrade this system?  Your instructions don't work
> for it.

Hello.
This one is a bit dated.
First - create backup BE, because in old times we could do dangerous
updates accross libc versions.
Second - update to latest /hipster.
If you have Perl 5.16 sun solaris module version 5.11 installed,
uninstall it (the correct one in /hipster-2014 is 0.5.11).
I'd say set publisher to /hipster-2014 but it seems it has already gone.
So set openindiana.org publisher to /hipster-2014.1.
Update to latest /hipster-2014.1
if this succeeds, set publisher to /hipster-2015 and update.
---