[OpenIndiana-discuss] [HEADSUP] OpenIndiana Hipster default repository URL has changed

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 16 03:15:21 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:25:07PM +0300, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Gary Mills писал 14.01.2015 21:22:
> >
> >I am running hipster on one server, but the publisher location is:
> >
> >   http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/
> >
> >What should I do to upgrade this system?  Your instructions don't work
> >for it.
>
> First - create backup BE, because in old times we could do dangerous
> updates accross libc versions.
> Second - update to latest /hipster.
> If you have Perl 5.16 sun solaris module version 5.11 installed,
> uninstall it (the correct one in /hipster-2014 is 0.5.11).
> I'd say set publisher to /hipster-2014 but it seems it has already gone.
> So set openindiana.org publisher to /hipster-2014.1.
> Update to latest /hipster-2014.1
> if this succeeds, set publisher to /hipster-2015 and update.

Thanks.  This was fully successful.

The only glitch I had was after the upgrade to hipster-2014.1 .  The
new GRUB menu entry didn't work with my serial console, leading to a
reboot loop.  When I edited the menu to remove `splashimage' and to
replace `console=graphics' with `console=ttyc', it booted nicely into
the new hipster version.  The upgrade to hipster-2015 handled my
serial console settings correctly.