[OpenIndiana-discuss] rpool defragmentation

Nikolam minikola at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:34:22 UTC 2015

As I understand, one can first migrate to bigger drives for rpool
(being tight on rpool is not very healthy, anyway)
and then do zfs send of BE on disk themselves, or copying to new BE.

Where I am not sure if zfs send also does defragmentation (I suppose
it does since it see file system layout) and where copying files
surely would do defragmentation.

It is also a question does really all data on rpool is system-related
and could it be migrated elsewhere or there are many snapshots that
use space.