[OpenIndiana-discuss] forum creation

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:32:52 UTC 2015

On 01/26/15 03:06 PM, Dmitry Kozhinov wrote:
> I am not confusing these terms. This thread has began from a proposal
> to implement a forum instead of, or in addition to current mailing
> list. There were opinions then that the current system is not broken
> (that is, already working as a forum). I was advocating the idea of
> creating real forum, and this is why i wrote the word current "forum"
> in quotes.
It would be disastrous to separate forum and mailing list as said. it
would be confusing, time consuming hard to follow, etc.
But if implemented 1-1 message between mailing list and web interface it
could be useful.

> Despite some inconveniences of mailing list as opposed to a forum, I
> agree with Reginald Beardsley in the opinion that the current system
> is working well and does not need to be changed. The script written 20
> years ago should work now and in the future. This is why I like real
> UNIX.
Yeah, me too.
Until some solution surface that extends using existing mailing lists ,
with Web interface, mailing list is a way that is proven and that works.