[OpenIndiana-discuss] forum creation

Dmitry Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Mon Jan 26 14:06:40 UTC 2015

I am not confusing these terms. This thread has began from a proposal to
implement a forum instead of, or in addition to current mailing list.
There were opinions then that the current system is not broken (that is,
already working as a forum). I was advocating the idea of creating real
forum, and this is why i wrote the word current "forum" in quotes.

Despite some inconveniences of mailing list as opposed to a forum, I
agree with Reginald Beardsley in the opinion that the current system is
working well and does not need to be changed. The script written 20
years ago should work now and in the future. This is why I like real UNIX.

Dmitry.