[OpenIndiana-discuss] What happened to VLC

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 22:15:02 UTC 2015

Some time ago, there were talking, like only some functions were making
trouble to compile working VLC.
Since then, nothing happened and we still do not have working VLC in the
Hipster repository.

Anyone knows what to do and where do we stand with working VLC?

I want to play some video and audio sometimes and I can not now,
since even old VLC in SFE and SFE-encumbered could not work in Hipster
as I understand and needs recompilation.

As I remember, there is a problem with some libraries changed places in
Hipster 1025,
  that forces changes in SFE, therefore requires SFE fork/separate SFE
for Hipster.

Any thougths how to proceed?