[OpenIndiana-discuss] What happened to VLC

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 23:18:59 UTC 2015

I guess the most sensible thing would be to have an encumbered userland.
If everyone contributes with a component Makefile the job can be done
really fast.
I started with ffmpeg and some libraries and it is dead easy to compile:
most of the work consist of writing the Makefile.
VLC was more tricky due to the use of strerror_l which required some
reading.

Should we start a "adopt a component" campaign ?
Best,

Aurelien