[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fixing DHCP networking

mike-romberg at comcast.net mike-romberg at comcast.net
Tue Jul 14 20:12:10 UTC 2015

     > Okay, you could try doing it the old fashioned way.

     > svcadm disable nwam
     > svcadm enable physical:default
     > ifconfig -a plumb
     > ifconfig <interface from ifconfig> dhcp

 Thank you very much!  That right there is exactly the kind of
simple minded easy to type sorta thing I was looking for :).  I'll try it
shortly and report back (56% done downloading...)

     > If that doesn't work, my guess is you would be better off
     > specifying a different type of network interface in your qemu
     > setup.

  I think the kernel recognizes the interface.  So, it is just the
dhcp client failing for some reason.  I'll be back with exact details...

Mike