[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fixing DHCP networking

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 20:29:55 UTC 2015

In my attempts in QEMU/KVM it turned out to be the NAT interface of libvirt
was the problem. I tried with fixed address and DHCP but it just would not
work.

The only way I was able to run OI with KVM/libvirt was with a bridged
interface.

There was also a report a while back that VMware ESX had problems with OI not
wanting to see the network when coupled to a vswitch.

My guess is that OI doesn't like the iptables NAT network hybrid thingies that
libvirt uses per default.