[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail logging

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 22 13:46:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 01:25:55PM +0100, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> cr*p ... I edited syslog to log _everything_

That's part of what syslog debugging does.

> sendmail is logging to "daemon.info", not "mail.info" ... at least I can
> get it fixed.

That's what I suspected.  It shouldn't be doing that.

> I'm not sure if anyone else even uses sendmail nowadays, but that adding "
> daemon.info" to the mail.info/debug line should get it working for you.

Lots of people use sendmail.  I'm running it under Solaris 11.2, but
using my own build of 8.14.4 because I needed SASLv2.

It sounds as if you are running a bad build of sendmail.  You can
check its version this way:

    $ /usr/lib/sendmail -d0.4 -bv root