[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail logging

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:53:23 UTC 2015

it's the system compiled version :(

root at mailgate2:~# /usr/lib/sendmail -d0.4 -bv root
Version 8.14.4+Sun
 Compiled with: DNSMAP LDAPMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8
                MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS
                PIPELINING SASLv2 SCANF STARTTLS TCPWRAPPERS USERDB
                USE_LDAP_INIT XDEBUG
Canonical name: mailgate2.salltd.co.uk
 UUCP nodename: mailgate2
        a.k.a.: mailgate2.domain.com
        a.k.a.: [213.210.9.6]
        a.k.a.: [127.0.0.1]
        a.k.a.: loghost
        a.k.a.: [x.x.x.x]
        a.k.a.: mansalmail01
        a.k.a.: mansalmail01.domain.com
        a.k.a.: extmail
        a.k.a.: [IPv6:::1]

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
      (short domain name) $w = mailgate2
  (canonical domain name) $j = mailgate2.domain.com
         (subdomain name) $m = domain.com
              (node name) $k = mailgate2

\root... deliverable: mailer local, user \root

root at mailgate2:~# uname -a
SunOS mailgate2 5.11 oi_151a8 i86pc i386 i86pc
root at mailgate2:~# more /etc/release
             OpenIndiana Development oi_151.1.8 X86 (powered by illumos)
        Copyright 2011 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                           Assembled 20 July 2013