[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox on hipster

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Jul 23 06:14:42 UTC 2015

23 июля 2015 г. 1:31:23 CEST, Carl Brewer <carl at bl.echidna.id.au> пишет:
>On 22/07/2015 3:24 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:
>
>> Essentially, the changes are needed to have the script
>install/uninstall usb drivers (you can force networking by a
>touchfile).
>>
>> If you never used these - you can probably get away with default
>packages.
>
>So if it's been "just working" for the last forever, it will probably
>continue to do so without breaking anything?
>

>> Instructions are in the readme on github project.
>
>Thanks Jim!
>

>> --
>> Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android

It depends. Over time there are changes both to script logic and to ways OSes present themselves (there's half a dozen known 'standard' FMRI patterns recognized in the script, and that's just for the post-SVR4 distros of OpenSolaris and newer).

If the script does not come to a conclusion, it aborts.

So it is not granted that over time it will continue 'just working' as you get new releases of both OSes and VBox. :)

Jim

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android