[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox on hipster

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Thu Jul 23 19:31:07 UTC 2015

On 15-07-22 11:14 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:
> 23 июля 2015 г. 1:31:23 CEST, Carl Brewer <carl at bl.echidna.id.au> пишет:
>> On 22/07/2015 3:24 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:
>>
>>> Essentially, the changes are needed to have the script
>> install/uninstall usb drivers (you can force networking by a
>> touchfile).
>>> If you never used these - you can probably get away with default
>> packages.
>>
>> So if it's been "just working" for the last forever, it will probably
>> continue to do so without breaking anything?
>>
>>> Instructions are in the readme on github project.
>> Thanks Jim!
>>
>>> --
>>> Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android
>>>
> It depends. Over time there are changes both to script logic and to ways OSes present themselves (there's half a dozen known 'standard' FMRI patterns recognized in the script, and that's just for the post-SVR4 distros of OpenSolaris and newer).
>
> If the script does not come to a conclusion, it aborts.
>
> So it is not granted that over time it will continue 'just working' as you get new releases of both OSes and VBox. :)
>
> Jim

Hi Jim.

I watch the vbox-dev list and I noticed you were working on getting
illumos based distros better supported, which is great, and thank you
for that!!!

Does this include getting the crossbow networking module working as
well?   The discussion seemed to indicate that, but I am not sure.

thanks,

Geoff