[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox on hipster

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Jul 23 20:17:55 UTC 2015

23 июля 2015 г. 21:31:07 CEST, Geoff Nordli <geoffn at gnaa.net> пишет:
>On 15-07-22 11:14 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:
>> 23 июля 2015 г. 1:31:23 CEST, Carl Brewer <carl at bl.echidna.id.au>
>пишет:

>>> install/uninstall usb drivers (you can force networking by a
>>> touchfile).
>>> packages.
>>>
>>> So if it's been "just working" for the last forever, it will
>probably
>>> continue to do so without breaking anything?

>>> Thanks Jim!

>> It depends. Over time there are changes both to script logic and to
>ways OSes present themselves (there's half a dozen known 'standard'
>FMRI patterns recognized in the script, and that's just for the
>post-SVR4 distros of OpenSolaris and newer).
>>
>> If the script does not come to a conclusion, it aborts.
>>
>> So it is not granted that over time it will continue 'just working'
>as you get new releases of both OSes and VBox. :)
>>
>> Jim
>>

>Hi Jim.
>
>I watch the vbox-dev list and I noticed you were working on getting
>illumos based distros better supported, which is great, and thank you
>for that!!!
>
>Does this include getting the crossbow networking module working as
>well?   The discussion seemed to indicate that, but I am not sure.
>
>thanks,
>
>Geoff

Sorry, no, I am not that much of a developer to desearch or fix that ;)

I hope to integrate at least some of those fixes I apply to vboxconfig.sh script so I no longer have to edit the package in order to update it along with usbfilter and illumos-compatible networking drivers.

Egoism and laziness are great drivers of progress, ain't they? Well, and good-heartesness helps too ;)

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android