[OpenIndiana-discuss] Libreoffice

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Sun Jun 7 19:57:10 UTC 2015

> as a pointer for people who want to get
> LibreOffice running on other distros such as OI, I've written up my
> notes here:
>
> http://ptribble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/building-libreoffice-on-tribblix.html

Thank you Peter!  This will be very useful.

You write that LibreOffice is the "primary candidate" for an office
suite for Tribblix.  Why did you select LibreOffice over OpenOffice?

Some of the stated goals of the LibreOffice project when they forked
were to convert all comments from German to English, and to rip out
all Solaris-specific things.  I would have guessed that OpenOffice
would be easier to build than LibreOffice.

Anyway, more choice is always good.

Cheers -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"