[OpenIndiana-discuss] New pkg(5) issues

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Jun 16 16:04:50 UTC 2015

16 июня 2015 г. 15:09:09 CEST, Predrag Zecevic <predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com> пишет:
>Am 16.06.2015 um 14:32 schrieb Jim Klimov:
>>
>>  Hello again,
>>
>>  Now that I've got a newly upgraded Hipster after all, attempts to
>update it by running pkg fail due to:
>>
>>  ===
>>
>>  Linked image publisher checkpkg: update failed (linked image
>exception(s)):
>>
>>  A 'pubcheck-linked' operation failed for child 'zone:mylocalzone'
>with an unexpected
>>  return value of 99 and generated the following output:
>>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 5423, in handle_errors
>>      __ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
>>    File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 1815, in __dispatch
>>      rv = op_func(op, _api_inst, **pwargs)
>>    File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 4027, in pubcheck_linked
>>      api_inst.linked_publisher_check()
>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
>206, in wrapper
>>      return f(instance, *fargs, **f_kwargs)
>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
>1628, in linked_publisher_check
>>      self.__linked_pubcheck()
>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line
>1607, in __linked_pubcheck
>>      self._img.linked.pubcheck()
>>    File
>"/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/linkedimage/common.py",
>line 1050, in pubcheck
>>      linked_pub_error=(pubs, ppubs))
>>  PlanCreationException:
>>  Invalid child image publisher configuration.  Child image publisher
>>  configuration must be a superset of the parent image publisher
>configuration.
>>  Please update the child publisher configuration to match the parent.
> If the
>>  child image is a zone this can be done automatically by detaching
>and
>>  attaching the zone.
>>
>>  The parent image has the following enabled publishers:
>>      PUBLISHER 0: openindiana.org
>>      PUBLISHER 1: opensolaris.org
>>
>>  The child image has the following enabled publishers:
>>      PUBLISHER 0: on-nightly
>>      PUBLISHER 1: openindiana.org (non-sticky)
>>      PUBLISHER 2: opensolaris.org
>>

>>  pkg: This is an internal error in pkg(5) version 2a5f6ab.  Please
>log a
>>  Service Request about this issue including the information above and
>this
>>  message.
>>
>>  ===
>>

>>  It does not very much seem true that the child publisher
>configuration
>>  is NOT a superset of the parent's one (except for that sticky
>remark).
>>
>>  Oh, and the publishers were different (2014.1 remained in the local
>zone).
>>
>>  While there was little problem removing the non-sticky note in this
>zone,
>>  as well as updating the publisher definition, it did not help - same
>error.

> [...]

Can you at least mount your 'broken' zone (e.g. 'zoneadm mount' or better 'zoneadm ready'? Then you can use 'pkg -R' from the GZ to manipulate IPS metadata and installed bits in the (whole-root) local zone.

I *guess* you can then drive it through the same series of publisher and package updates as we did during Hipster evolution from /dev.

If your zone died mid-way through 'zoneadm attach', you may have to revert to a previous snapshot or 'zbe-NN' clone and fix up attributes (zoned, canmount, mountpoint) of the resulting '.../ROOT/zbe' dataset and/or its parents (ROOT or the ... above).

Good luck!
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android