[OpenIndiana-discuss] New pkg(5) issues

Predrag Zecevic predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Jun 16 13:09:09 UTC 2015

Am 16.06.2015 um 14:32 schrieb Jim Klimov:

>  Hello again,
>
>  Now that I've got a newly upgraded Hipster after all, attempts to update it by running pkg fail due to:
>
>  ===
>
>  Linked image publisher checkpkg: update failed (linked image exception(s)):
>
>  A 'pubcheck-linked' operation failed for child 'zone:mylocalzone' with an unexpected
>  return value of 99 and generated the following output:
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 5423, in handle_errors
>      __ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
>    File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 1815, in __dispatch
>      rv = op_func(op, _api_inst, **pwargs)
>    File "/usr/bin/pkg", line 4027, in pubcheck_linked
>      api_inst.linked_publisher_check()
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line 206, in wrapper
>      return f(instance, *fargs, **f_kwargs)
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line 1628, in linked_publisher_check
>      self.__linked_pubcheck()
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line 1607, in __linked_pubcheck
>      self._img.linked.pubcheck()
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/linkedimage/common.py", line 1050, in pubcheck
>      linked_pub_error=(pubs, ppubs))
>  PlanCreationException:
>  Invalid child image publisher configuration.  Child image publisher
>  configuration must be a superset of the parent image publisher configuration.
>  Please update the child publisher configuration to match the parent.  If the
>  child image is a zone this can be done automatically by detaching and
>  attaching the zone.
>
>  The parent image has the following enabled publishers:
>      PUBLISHER 0: openindiana.org
>      PUBLISHER 1: opensolaris.org
>
>  The child image has the following enabled publishers:
>      PUBLISHER 0: on-nightly
>      PUBLISHER 1: openindiana.org (non-sticky)
>      PUBLISHER 2: opensolaris.org
>

>  pkg: This is an internal error in pkg(5) version 2a5f6ab.  Please log a
>  Service Request about this issue including the information above and this
>  message.
>
>  ===
>

>  It does not very much seem true that the child publisher configuration
>  is NOT a superset of the parent's one (except for that sticky remark).
>
>  Oh, and the publishers were different (2014.1 remained in the local zone).
>
>  While there was little problem removing the non-sticky note in this zone,
>  as well as updating the publisher definition, it did not help - same error.
>
>  Detaching and attaching (without and with "-u") did not succeed and left
>  the zone un-mountable so I had to rollback and fix it up.
>
>  Subsequent upgrade was to "pkg -R /zones/mylocalzone/root/ update" from GZ...
>  and it did not solve the issue, either.
>
>  Only removing the "on-nightly" in the local zone (so publisher lists are now
>  identical - which defeats the purpose of building/testing stuff in non-global
>  zones) allowed "pkg" to consider an upgrade strategy.

> [...]

Hi Jim,

I also had similar issue: from 2 zones, I was able to (detach/pkg
update/reboot/attach -u) ONLY /hipster based zone

Another one (based on /dev repository) failed to be handled properly and
now is dead (that was probably my mistake during attempts to recover
from situation - unfortunatelly I made no notes).

Just FYI.

In my opinion this error should not happen (maybe some change from
Oracle lander untested?).

Best regards.

Predrag Zecevic, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                      65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!