[OpenIndiana-discuss] Has anyone successfully built a new firefox on OI?

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 20:11:46 UTC 2015

> Maybe first try to reproduce what the Sun/Oracle team does to build every
> release, using Sun CC, then try to port to GCC?

This is not a solution as SunStudio is buggy! For example, I had compiled

OpenOfice4 with GCC while SunStudio failed in many cases and I could not
proceed! It makes no sense to waste time and energy with this compiler.

I guess it would be more meaningful to work with CLang than with SunStudio.

Best regards,
A.S.