[OpenIndiana-discuss] Has anyone successfully built a new firefox on OI?

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:46:08 UTC 2015

Having compiled Firefox in the past for Solaris, the only way I could get
it to work is with SunStudio ...

I talked to the devs at Firefox at the time and they said that SunStudio
was the only compiler that had been used to get Firefox compiled ... I
think the assumption in the code is that Solaris = SunStudio.

I know that some people have had success with different patches and
versions of gcc, but I gave up.

Jon