[OpenIndiana-discuss] rastertoz55 and the Lexmark X6170

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Tue Mar 17 20:49:54 UTC 2015

On 17/03/2015 15:36, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> Okay, I've gone back to look at my notes for Solaris 10 CUPS ...
>
> the only link from the notes that still works is:
> http://www.lengers.com/?p=18
>
> that is obviously working from the packages supplied(ish) with Solaris 10.
>
> I have further notes on compiling CUPS:
>
> Compile Ghostscript:
I don't think the question of the poster was how to compile
CUPS and foomatic, but how to get support for that specific
z55 Lexmark printer. And all that can be said about that is
that there is no such support in Solaris, because that
rastertoz55 program is proprietary stuff that only is available
for the usual suspects.