[OpenIndiana-discuss] Will mixing 4K drives and non 4K drives in a storage pool work properly?

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Fri Mar 27 20:52:45 UTC 2015

I have a system with a bunch of 1.5TB drives running oi_151a5. One of
the drives is failing and needs replacement. The problem is that new
1.5TB drives are no longer available on the market.

Now, all drives are non-4K sector drives. The largest non-4K drives
available are the 1TB drives which obviously are too small.

So the only viable option for me is to go with 2TB drives which are 4K
drives. Will such a replacement drive work together with the other
non-4K drives without hiccups and performance issues?