[OpenIndiana-discuss] Will mixing 4K drives and non 4K drives in a storage pool work properly?

Mark Walmsley mark.walmsley at rocketmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:55:38 UTC 2015

http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/ZFS+and+Advanced+Format+disks

I had the same problem I could never get the sd.conf stuff to work out right
for recognizing my 1.5tb seagates as 4k drives so what I did is backed up my
entire pool. Destroyed my pool and remade the pool with my new 2gb drive in
the pool thus setting the sector size for the pool to 4k . Moved all the
data back.

My old Seagate 1.5 gb drives preform fine at 4k I have noticed no
performance issues.