[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox 31

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Tue May 5 12:55:33 UTC 2015

Running Hipster, I was using firefox 31.0.2 (package from the Firefox FTP
site) happily until today (first day I've booted since I recently upgraded)

previous update 2015-03-27, recent update 2015-04-30

Firefox works fine, except with any "alert" or popup box or sometimes
select lists, and dialog boxes. If I move the mouse over the object in
question; the application suddenly core dumps ...

It doesn't core dump with the Firefox 24 that comes with OI, but then I
can't get flash to work properly in 24, and a lot of services complain that
I'm using an old version.

It used to work fine, and I have a log of what changed during the upgrade
(attached).  Anything that could be suggested to mitigate this would be
much appreciated

Jon

PS. this also affects Thunderbird installed from the Mozilla website.