[OpenIndiana-discuss] Realistic measurement of read speed for large, NFS and CIFS mounted files???

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:42:38 UTC 2015

I couldn't think of any easy and automatic way to test read speed for
files mounted via NFS and CIFS from FreeNAS, in OI 151a7.

I used

time dd=/mountdir/file of=/dev/null bs=1024k

and arrived at 3-500 MB/s or so,

However this means I must read numbers off the screen and calculate, and
I'd rather have something automatic that would report bytes read, time
and MB/second to a resultfile...

I think I saw a Linux version of dd that did that???