[OpenIndiana-discuss] fishing for suggestions for new motherboard

bentahyr at chez.com bentahyr at chez.com
Wed May 20 23:22:55 UTC 2015

Hi Jerry,

For me the most important is network support because I would be really annoyed with an unsupported NIC. It already happened and hopefully I could use Wifi as it was on a laptop... so the 3 criteria are :
- NIC support
- SATA controller support
- USB2/PS2 support

I'm in process of refurbishing an old Ultra 20 as well and I'm collecting hardware as I see some good oportunities on second hand stuff, the motherboard I found is an ASRock Z97 Extreme4 which seems to fit my bill, I don't really know about the support for Realtek ALC1150 sound chipset tho.

Ben.