[OpenIndiana-discuss] Support for USB3?

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:33:51 UTC 2015

When we do that, we stick the disk directly onto the SAS/SATA bus, then
offline the drive and ship it ... I still have visions of the computer
failing when someone plugged in a USB keyboard and took Solaris 10 over the
limit for devices, destroying the pool (we were able to get some of the
drives back, but only by rebooting, and plugging them in one at a time, and
crossing fingers and letting it settle before trying the next drive)

USB is good for ZFS on Linux (useful to set the ashift on a backwards
compatible Solaris 10 zpool), but it's not really "prime time".

Jon