[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade problem

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sun Nov 15 12:57:25 UTC 2015

Hi.

Stefan Müller-Wilken писал 14.11.2015 11:39:
> Dear all,
>
> Whereas my first oi151_a9 installation upgraded noiselessly, the
> second one runs into a catch 22 situation around Perl. Perl 5.10 sits
> the way of a 5.22 to-be-installed version while removing it first will
> not work due to lots of fundamental packages depending on Perl. Anyone
> an idea how to handle this situation gracefully?

Hi.

As I see, you has sfe packages installed. First of all, I'd create new
BE to experiment with,
uninstalled all SFE packages, updated it to Hipster and added
http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoih/en/index.shtml
repository for SFE packages.

Perl 5.10 was removed, but packages from old SFE repository still depend
on it, so you can't update.

---