[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade problem

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Sun Nov 15 23:16:00 UTC 2015

Full 'thumbs up' to all you've said. I admit that I've treated SFE as part of the core.  My bad, I'll fix that following your suggestions and report.

Regarding maintaining and supporting OI, I know what you mean: I'm always happy to see someone coming back to my NWAM wiki topic. :-)

And I agree there is a lot of room for PR - just alone from looking at the website. :-)

As for contributing packages, I think it would help to have a full tutorial starting wirh preparing a packaging zone, downloading a tgz package from a source repository (e. g. latest tomcat) over creating IPS metadata to packaging and lastly delivering to the maintainers placed on the wiki. There was one for SFE I remember being fairly complex - but we'd need this for dev with the minimum number of steps just to upgrade an existing package... or is this already available somewhere on the net?

Cheers
 Stefan