[OpenIndiana-discuss] Apache sobre Hipster?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Wed Nov 25 18:56:07 UTC 2015

Running Apache on OpenIndiana, Solaris, or any other Unix or Unix clone is no
difference.

The directories you mention below are all configurable in the Apache
configuration files.

If you really need your Apache stuff set up the way you had it in lunux, there
is nothing stopping you from duplicating that on Hipster.

I have (personally) decided that I like to stick my my big apps in /Applications
, similar to NeXT/OS X.   Stuff like Apache, MySQL, Nginx, BIND, etc.   I also
prefer to compile my primary applications like this.  No vendor is going to
compile the applications I used with the exact options I want and/or don't want.

Welcome to OI, enjoy,

Jerry