[OpenIndiana-discuss] Apache sobre Hipster?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Nov 26 00:00:34 UTC 2015

25 ноября 2015 г. 19:56:07 CET, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> пишет:
>Running Apache on OpenIndiana, Solaris, or any other Unix or Unix clone
>is no
>difference.
>
>The directories you mention below are all configurable in the Apache
>configuration files.
>
>If you really need your Apache stuff set up the way you had it in
>lunux, there
>is nothing stopping you from duplicating that on Hipster.
>
>I have (personally) decided that I like to stick my my big apps in
>/Applications
>, similar to NeXT/OS X.   Stuff like Apache, MySQL, Nginx, BIND, etc.
>I also
>prefer to compile my primary applications like this.  No vendor is
>going to
>compile the applications I used with the exact options I want and/or
>don't want.
>
>Welcome to OI, enjoy,
>
>Jerry
>

>On 11/25/15 12:31 PM, luisa sd wrote:
>> Hi Jonathan
>>
>> I'm new in Unix and the directories change from Linux, i'm a little
>lost,
>> because i need to re create a configuration hosted in a virtual
>machine
>> with ubuntu.
>>
>> Thanks

>>> Can't you just follow the standard Apache documentation?
>>>
>>> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/cgi.html
>>>
>>> the default apache2 cgi-bin directory is /var/apache2/2.2/cgi-bin

>on
>>> anything

Consider joining oi-userland project - in particular it can help you automate in-house custom builds as forks of the common project with your configure args. And you get that stuff upgradable via IPS even if locally ;)

Of course contributing some more components could help too ;)

Jim

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android