[OpenIndiana-discuss] Moving zone

Grüninger, Andreas (LGL Extern) Andreas.Grueninger at lgl.bwl.de
Thu Oct 15 09:21:09 UTC 2015

Send largetank/zones/zonegate back to rpool/zones/zonegate with zfs send/receive.
Try to boot the zone. If this works  good for you.
Then at first make backups.

Never used zoneadm -z ... move.
Obviously it doesn't make snapshost with option '-r'.

I copied this from my scripts to move zones under Solaris 11.2.
Normally I copy zones between systems so uninstall and delete is not necessary.

ZONE=???
zoneadm -z ${ZONE} halt
zoneadm -z ${ZONE} detach
zfs snapshot -r rpool/export/zones/${ZONE}@1
zonecfg -z ${ZONE} export > {ZONE}.zonecfg   ## SOLARIS!
zfs send -R rpool/export/zones/${ZONE}@1|zfs  recv anotherpool/${ZONE2}
zoneadm -z ${ZONE} uninstall -F
zoneadm -z ${ZONE} delete -F
zonecfg -z ${ZONE} create -a / anotherpool /${ZONE}
zoneadm -z ${ZONE} attach

Good luck

Andreas