[OpenIndiana-discuss] Does the latest OI version allow ashift=12 for zpool creation?

jason matthews jason at broken.net
Tue Oct 27 19:28:20 UTC 2015

If your new drives are misrepresenting their sector size you can
override the sector size, thanks to george wilson, in sd.conf. this is
common for SSDs.

http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/List+of+sd-config-list+entries+for+Advanced-Format+drives

You can gather the data for the identifying text from iostat -En or
format -> select disk -> inquiry

once the zpool created you can verify with zdb -vv <zpool> |grep ashfit

j.