[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris Studio on OpenIndiana

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 10:53:34 UTC 2015

There is also a 151a9 release ISO.  I've been using it as my work
> workstation on a Dell Precision T3600 for a couple of years. I've had
> very good luck with 151a9, though others have reported better stability
> with 151a8, especially for things like firefox.

Well I am not sure if it is OS related considering that on Debian 8.2:
- Iceweasel 31.7.0 eats up continously 30% to 70% of one core (even without
browsing) of a Core i5.
- Flash crashes as often (if not more) as on OI Hipster.
- Closing Iceweasel or Icedove often leads to a zombified process lurking
in the background.

Not to mention network manager taking 25% of cpu all the time... in total
one core used for doing nothing.
Stability is an overrated concept it seems...

a.