[OpenIndiana-discuss] [HEADS UP] Gstreamer plugins in /hipster-encumbered

Predrag Zecevic predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Sat Sep 12 18:22:10 UTC 2015

On 12.09.2015 13:32, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello.
> The message concerns OpenIndiana Hipster desktop users.
> I'd like to inform you that now we have all main gstreamer plugins
> available in /hipster-encumbered repository.
> I believe that the set of plugins is more reach and functional then in
> old /sfe and /sfe-encumbered repositories.
> So, if you don't live in US (because I can't advise you to break even
> stupid laws of your country ;)), I encourage you to test and use new
> repository. In brief, to switch to new repository, you should do the
> following:
> - create backup BE,
> - uninstall all packages from /sfe or /sfe-encumbered,
> - remove old /sfe and /sfe-encumbered publishers,
> - set new /hipster-encumbered publisher,
> - install new packages :
>
> # beadm create oi-pre-sfe-removal
> # pkg list |grep '(sfe' |awk '{ print $1; }'  |xargs pkg uninstall
> --no-backup-be
> # pkg unset-publisher sfe
> # pkg unset-publisher sfe-encumbered
> # pkg set-publisher -g http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered
> hipster-encumbered
> # pkg install pkg://hipster-encumbered/library/audio/gstreamer/plugin/bad \
>           pkg://hipster-encumbered/library/audio/gstreamer/plugin/ugly \
>           pkg://hipster-encumbered/library/audio/gstreamer/plugin/ffmpeg
>
> I'm especially happy with library/audio/gstreamer/plugin/ffmpeg (I was
> able to play all videos on my PC which I checked so far).
>
> NOTE!!!!
> /hipster-encumbered and /hipster contains not all packages, which were
> earlier available at /sfe or /sfe-encumbered.
> So far we have not the goal to replace SFE, just deliver the minimal set
> of multimedia codecs,
> necessary to make your day-to-day OpenIndiana Hipster desktop usage
> comfortable.
>
> P.S. I hope we'll see /sfe repository compiled for OpenIndiana Hipster
> soon...
> P.P.S. Thanks to SFE team, Debian, Openembedded and Ubuntu packagers and
> developers, without them this work would be hardly possible.

Hi Alexander,

that is great news. Did you consider "cooperation" with Thomas Wagner
(he has built http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoih which contains some
SFE packages - see also his note on
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Spec+Files+Extra+Repository)?

BTW, he has LibreOffice in it :-)

My impression is that /hipster-encumbered might overlap with...

With best regards.
Predrag Zecevic

--
Predrag Zecevic, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                      65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!