[OpenIndiana-discuss] HP support pack for proliant on hipster?

Rich Murphey rich at whiteoaklabs.com
Mon Sep 21 21:17:36 UTC 2015

Does anyone have recommendations on how to install the current HP Support
Pack for Proliant (SPP) utilities on the current hipster release?    I'm
asking because I need the array utilities (hpssacli and hpacucli) that are
compatible with current firmware.

The current Support Pack for Proliant requires gcc-45-runtime (see below),
and gcc-45-runtime will not install because it would overwrite various soft
links in /usr/lib (see further below).

Should I perhaps hack the
gcc45/build/manifest-i386-gcc-45-runtime.published to remove the
conflicting links in /usr/lib, or is there a better way to approach this?

Thanks,
Rich

wget
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-linux/p545867630/v112131/hpsb-2015.07.0-s11-x86.p5p
pkg install --no-refresh -g hpsb-2015.07.0-s11-x86.p5p
proliant/management/hpssacli
Creating Plan (Solver setup): -
pkg install: No matching version of proliant/management/hpssacli can be
installed:
Reject:  pkg://hp.com/proliant/management/hpssacli@1.60.17.2-1.0.101637.11
Reason:  No version for 'require' dependency on
system/library/gcc-45-runtime can be found

git clone https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland
cd oi-userland/components
gmake setup
cd gcc45
gmake publish
pkg install gcc-45-runtime
Creating Plan (Checking for conflicting actions): /
pkg install: The following packages deliver conflicting action types to
usr/lib/libgomp.so.1:
link
    pkg://userland/system/library/gcc-45-runtime@4.5.2,5.11-2015.0.1.0:20150920T234915Z

  file:
   pkg://
openindiana.org/system/library/gcc-4-runtime at 4.8.5,5.11-2015.0.1.0:20150626T225722Z

These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.