[OpenIndiana-discuss] HP support pack for proliant on hipster?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Sep 22 07:17:26 UTC 2015

On 09/22/2015 00:17, Rich Murphey wrote:
> Does anyone have recommendations on how to install the current HP Support
> Pack for Proliant (SPP) utilities on the current hipster release?    I'm
> asking because I need the array utilities (hpssacli and hpacucli) that are
> compatible with current firmware.
>
> The current Support Pack for Proliant requires gcc-45-runtime (see below),
> and gcc-45-runtime will not install because it would overwrite various soft
> links in /usr/lib (see further below).
>
> Should I perhaps hack the
> gcc45/build/manifest-i386-gcc-45-runtime.published to remove the
> conflicting links in /usr/lib, or is there a better way to approach this?

Hello.
First of all, I would be surprised if it worked even if you manage to
install it (remember, it targets Solaris 11, not OI).
Having said that, you can pkgrecv p5p package to the local repository,
remove  dependency from the package and hope that it will work with
later gcc runtime.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,