[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster: latest kernel updates cause crash when vbox guest is started

Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Apr 18 11:29:18 UTC 2016

On 04/18/16 11:14 AM, Nikola M wrote:
> On 04/18/16 10:04 AM, Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator wrote:
>>> You could try disabling some of drivers that are non-essential and try
>>> over.
>> Is it possible that some changes in kernel detect on-board network,
>> graphic (or both) cards improperly?
>
> Try asking on #illumos.
> I , per instance, made my wireless card working  by putting it in
> /etc/driver_aliases .
>
>> I prefer ticket... Would be OK to open ticket?
>> I would like to avoid situation like in this one:
>> https://www.illumos.org/issues/5873
>
> I guess it would be appropriate. Please do.
>
> Under comments on that intel Haswell hardware-related bug, there is a
> link ,as I see, that mentions some bugs in intel's Haswell chip itself
> and recommendations for putting workaround to put in kernel..
> Maybe with one more bug report and more data , in kernel changes for
> possible hardware workaround could be sponsored.
>
> "Haswell erratum 131 of the 'Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 Product
> Family Specification Update' "
> http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e3-1200v3-spec-update.pdf
> <http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e3-1200v3-spec-update.pdf>
>
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/x86/x86/mca.c?r1=269052&r2=269051&pathrev=269052

Hi,

ticket opened: https://www.illumos.org/issues/6919

Regards.

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!