[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster: latest kernel updates cause crash when vbox guest is started

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 09:14:06 UTC 2016

On 04/18/16 10:04 AM, Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator wrote:
>> You could try disabling some of drivers that are non-essential and try
>> over.
> Is it possible that some changes in kernel detect on-board network,
> graphic (or both) cards improperly?

Try asking on #illumos.
I , per instance, made my wireless card working  by putting it in
/etc/driver_aliases .

> I prefer ticket... Would be OK to open ticket?
> I would like to avoid situation like in this one:
> https://www.illumos.org/issues/5873

I guess it would be appropriate. Please do.

Under comments on that intel Haswell hardware-related bug, there is a
link ,as I see, that mentions some bugs in intel's Haswell chip itself
and recommendations for putting workaround to put in kernel..
Maybe with one more bug report and more data , in kernel changes for
possible hardware workaround could be sponsored.

"Haswell erratum 131 of the 'Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 Product
Family Specification Update' "
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e3-1200v3-spec-update.pdf
<http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/xeon-e3-1200v3-spec-update.pdf>
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/x86/x86/mca.c?r1=269052&r2=269051&pathrev=269052