[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to configure a DUID for DHCPv6 usage?

Henner Gratz hpg at uni-bremen.de
Thu Apr 21 10:52:12 UTC 2016

On 04/15/2016 05:04 PM, James Carlson wrote:
> On 04/15/16 10:51, Henner Gratz wrote:
>> But I still think (or better now: 'hope' :*) that there's something
>> wrong with the
>> source of dhcpagent. I've just tried a DUID-LL (type 3) and still got a
>> wrong address.
>> But I will study the source more closely before I make a fool of me again.
>>
>> So please excuse my ignorance (and stand-by :)
> OK.
>
> I don't know what "wrong address" means in this context.  Please say more.
>
> If it's not working as you expect, please post:
>
>    - your configuration files
>    - any messages you get from facility daemon
>      (typically /var/adm/messages, but I don't know your system config)
>    - a packet trace in some useful format
>      (snoop or wireshark would be helpful there)
>    - some sort of description of what's "wrong"
>      (i.e., expected versus actual, including output if needed)

Hello again!

In the meantime I've worked through states.c and found a few bugs that
make the correct
parsing of DUID-LLT's and DUID-LL's impossible. A self-compiled,
corrected version of
dhcpagent seems to work (at least for me ;*). I filed a bug
(https://www.illumos.org/issues/6928) with a diff-file. Hope this will
help a little. (I run OI_151a9, but
the source of dhcpagent is still the same in the current illumos sources.)

Regards,

     Henner