[OpenIndiana-discuss] cifs/server Kerberos support

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Thu Apr 28 21:24:03 UTC 2016

Hi, everyone -- this is OT as it's Nexenta related, but figured you
folks here would know the answer.  Also have a question out to Nexenta
support as well.

We're trying to get MSA's (Managed Service Accounts) to talk to a CIFS
share on a Nexenta 3.1.6 system.  I *believe* MSA's require Kerberos,
and it doesn't appear the cifs/smb service on our 3.1.6 box supports
Kerberos authentication, though it is AD joined.

Can anyone confirm?

Ray