[OpenIndiana-discuss] MATE feedback

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Aug 10 06:29:15 UTC 2016

On 08/ 9/16 11:57 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hi,
> I just wanted to congratulate Till, Ken and Alexander for their
> amazing work on MATE.
> On my workstation I replaced Gnome with MATE and use it together with Compiz.
> The experience is very smooth and MATE brings some usability
> improvements over Gnome tools (e.g. ability to set the primary
> monitor).
> The one tiny issue that I can report for now is the lack of cpu stats
> in mate-system-monitor.
> Thank you again.

And I wanted to finish with lightdm before announcing MATE :)
BTW, MATE package set looks like

desktop/archive-manager/engrampa
desktop/pdf-viewer/atril
desktop/mate/caja
desktop/mate/caja/caja-extensions
desktop/mate/marco
desktop/mate/mate-applets
desktop/mate/mate-dictionary
desktop/mate/mate-disk-usage-analyzer
desktop/mate/mate-screenshot
desktop/mate/mate-search-tool
desktop/mate/mate-system-log
desktop/mate/mate-backgrounds
desktop/mate/mate-calc
desktop/mate/control-center
desktop/mate/mate-icon-theme-faenza
desktop/mate/mate-icon-theme
desktop/mate/mate-media
desktop/mate/mate-notification-daemon
desktop/mate/mate-panel
desktop/mate/mate-session-manager
desktop/mate/mate-settings-daemon
terminal/mate-terminal
desktop/mate/mate-themes
desktop/mate/mate-user-guide
desktop/system-monitor/mate-system-monitor
desktop/xdg/menu-editor/mozo
editor/pluma
image/viewer/eom
library/desktop/mate/mate-desktop