[OpenIndiana-discuss] Σχετ: Fwd: Re[2]: [oi-dev] Stable Intel DRM/KMS Sol12 backport diffs and test bins

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 12:52:08 UTC 2016

>Well,  as it appears from feedback (lack of) >nobody is using Intel anymore and so >nobody needs Intel-KMS.>Maybe nobody uses computers anymore and >I just misssed the news.>Bad luck that in fact less folks appear to be >using x64 now (2 persons)  than there were >SPARC volunteers for OpenSXCE.
Till now it was not possible to use Intelgraphics so I guess most people wereusing nVIDIA cards. However, once KMSwill be part of OI (or Illumos), people willhave no problem using it. For example,I tested the previous binary on an Intelmachine but it did not work. When I will goback to work, I will check the new binariesI just hope they will work just fine. I have 5 more machines there and I would like to upgrade to the hipster but I need a workingIntel driver!
Best regards and thank you!
Apostolos