[OpenIndiana-discuss] MATE feedback

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Aug 11 16:48:09 UTC 2016

On 08/11/16 07:44 PM, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
> Am 11.08.16 um 17:37 schrieb Aurélien Larcher:
>> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:
> [ stuff deleted ]
>>
>>> And I wanted to finish with lightdm before announcing MATE :)
>> Sorry about that ;) at least I did some preview testing ;)
>>
>>> BTW, MATE package set looks like
>>>
>>> desktop/archive-manager/engrampa
>>> desktop/pdf-viewer/atril
>>> desktop/mate/caja
>>> desktop/mate/caja/caja-extensions
>>> desktop/mate/marco
>>> desktop/mate/mate-applets
>>> desktop/mate/mate-dictionary
>>> desktop/mate/mate-disk-usage-analyzer
>>> desktop/mate/mate-screenshot
>>> desktop/mate/mate-search-tool
>>> desktop/mate/mate-system-log
>>> desktop/mate/mate-backgrounds
>>> desktop/mate/mate-calc
>>> desktop/mate/control-center
>>> desktop/mate/mate-icon-theme-faenza
>>> desktop/mate/mate-icon-theme
>>> desktop/mate/mate-media
>>> desktop/mate/mate-notification-daemon
>>> desktop/mate/mate-panel
>>> desktop/mate/mate-session-manager
>>> desktop/mate/mate-settings-daemon
>>> terminal/mate-terminal
>>> desktop/mate/mate-themes
>>> desktop/mate/mate-user-guide
>>> desktop/system-monitor/mate-system-monitor
>>> desktop/xdg/menu-editor/mozo
>>> editor/pluma
>>> image/viewer/eom
>>> library/desktop/mate/mate-desktop
>> I installed everything listed on the Wiki page:
>>
>> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/MATE+1.14+Desktop
>>
>> Should we have a 'mate' meta-package?
>>
> yes, please :-)

I have mate-install meta-package (like gui_install), which in theory can
be used to create MATE iso image. But it's in theory. On practice it's
not so good, as it delivers broken gdm after installation. So, I didn't
publish it. I hope I'll do it after finishing with lightdm.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,