[OpenIndiana-discuss] NVIDIA again

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Aug 17 18:31:28 UTC 2016

Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss писал 17.08.2016 21:03:
> Hello,
>
> I reported my problem to the NVIDIA people who responed:
>
> https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/955405/solaris/
>
> It seems that something is wrong with the Xorg binary.

Hello.
They could just managed to build it against newer Xorg. However, I don't
understand, how in this case it works at all.
As you can see, the mentioned symbol ( enableIndirectGLX ) is defined in
Xorg 1.17 headers
(https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/tree/include/opaque.h?h=server-1.17-branch),
but not in 1.14 headers
(https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/tree/include/opaque.h?h=server-1.14-branch),
which we ship.
So, our Xorg couldn't know about it.

If you run elfdump on nvidia libraries, do you see it there?

---