[OpenIndiana-discuss] YubiKey PAM module compile-time errors

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Aug 29 06:45:59 UTC 2016

Hi Alex!

> I am trying to install the PAM modules for the YubiKey USB token, and I am
> getting some pretty unusual errors.
>
> I've made a pastebin, maybe someone could give me some advice on how to
> proceed from here. A Google search tells me it's possible, but nobody tells
> you how to compile the bitch. I'm running the OI MATE spin in VirtualBox.

The software is making assumptions about getpwnam_r() which are only
valid under Linux.  There are some suggestions floating around the 'net,
one is to -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS in the CFLAGS.  This should really
be fixed in the configure script.

I haven't looked closely, so I can't tell if it will work, or if there
are other workarounds.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"