[OpenIndiana-discuss] boot failure

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 15:56:47 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have an old netbook where I had installed OpenSolaris and later on
I had upgraded to the second release of OpenIndiana. The system is a
bit slow (it has an atom processor) but it is OK for basic things.
Recently, I downloaded the latest OpenIndiana DVD, the one with MATE +
KMS, and I tried to boot from the DVD. The process stops while detecting
the mouse and this is really strange. See the following URL

https://img42.com/T3ViR

for an image that shows exactly where it stopped. BTW, I have tried the
same DVD on a Desktop system where I installed the previous release of
/hipster with no problem. Again the system stopped. I did not have time
to check where it stopped, but I can check the day after tomorrow. Is
this a problem related to hardware, software, what? Any suggestion/idea/help
would be appreciated.

A.S.