[OpenIndiana-discuss] (I've probably asked this before but my search of the list fails) ffmpeg version and compile time options

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 17:30:11 UTC 2016

Well compiling ffmpeg is very easy these days. For example, I have compiled x264 and lame

and I have installed then under /opt/gnu and I have use the following commands to compile ffmpeg:

$ export CFLAGS="-I/opt/gnu/include"
$ export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/gnu/lib -R/opt/hnu/lib"

./configure --prefix=/opt/gnu --enable-shared --enable-static --enable-libx264
--enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame

I have used ffmpeg-3.1.2 which I think is relatively new.

A.S.