[OpenIndiana-discuss] problems iSCSI booting from clone LUN /= 0

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:38:16 UTC 2016

Hmm.
We once had Problems with Multipathing and Networking in certain setups
mostly when passing into another subnet via a Router. Try Single Path
and see what happens. In the Linux Iscsi Client Multipath is only
configured with a simple true/false flag. Multipathing usually does not
need seperate config for each path. You give it the Target and LUN
Number and it makes as many Paths as it thinks are reasonable. (Usually
Number of Physical Ethernet Interfaces)

Also try to check the dependencies of the ISCSI Service and then Update
the Boot_archive. As the ISCSI needs to be in the Boot archive so every
change you do you need to update the Boot archive. Even if you make a
new Clone I woud say.

Maybe there is also a Way to push the first ISCSI Connection after that
network reconnect. I once had a Crashed ISCSI Client that did not want
to Log into the Target because the Target still thought the client was
connected. So I had to kick the Client on the Target Side.

Greetings
Till